As I worked towards completing my M.Sc., I also took on a number of projects that I truly enjoyed, both for my responsibilities as a TA, and also for personal and professional development. A selection of the highlights is presented here.
- TA Conversations – a professional development opportunity for graduate students in the Department of Earth and Ocean Sciences, The University of British Columbia
- Guest Lecture for EOSC 372: Macronutrient Control of Primary Productivity
- Assignment Design for EOSC 516
- Self- and Peer-Evaluation Forms Development for Vancouver Aquarium
- STLHE 2010 Poster Presentation – Using Experiential Learning to Develop Teaching (and Learning) Skills: Training Graduate Students to Teach Earth and Ocean Sciences.
- PATH Poster Presentation – Teaching and Learning in the Earth and Ocean Sciences: Adding Geoscience Education to the Graduate Student Curriculum at UBC.